Platts 13th Annual Steel Markets North America Conference gives you insight into North American steel market trends. Speakers help you see the market from all sides, including producers, suppliers, traders, buyers, and independent analysts. Learn about economics, pricing, markets, export trends, logistics, supply chain, and other issues impacting the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Hear from these Outstanding Speakers
Keynote Presenters – Outlook for Steel in 2017
Chad Utermark, Executive Vice President, Nucor Corporation
Herb Black, Chief Executive Officer, American Iron & Metal Company
Understanding the Transformations in North American Steel Markets
- Timna Tanners, Managing Director, U.S. Metals and Mining, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Beth Ann Bovino, Ph.D., Chief U.S. Economist, S&P Global Ratings
- Nicole Leonard, Energy Analyst and Project Consultant, S&P Global Platts
- Peter J. Scott, Founder and Managing Partner, Headwall Partners
- Joe Innace, Editorial Director, Metals, S&P Global Platts
Dealing with the Challenges of Over-Capacity in Steel
- Estelle Tran, Associate Editor, Metals, S&P Global Platts
- John Foster, Chairman, American Institute for International Steel
- Phillip Bell, President, Steel Manufacturers Association
Steel and Coal Markets in Fluctuation
- Phil Gibbs, Vice President, Equity Research, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Bill Ferara, Director and Lead Analyst, Downstream Metals, S&P Global Ratings
Steel Service Centers and Market Competition
- Roy Berlin, President, Berlin Metals
- Donald McNeeley, President, Chicago Tube & Iron
- Michael Lerman, President, Steel Warehouse
Ferrous Scrap and International Scrap
- Nick Tolomeo, Managing Editor, Americas Raw Materials, S&P Global Platts
- Lee Dezzutti, Vice President Business Development, AMG Resources
- Greg Dixon, Chief Executive Officer, Smart Recycling Management
- Scott Barrett, Vice President, Commercial Trading, ProTrade Steel
- Nathan Fruchter, Principal, Idoru Trading
- Kurt Fowler, Manager, Regional Head, Americas, The Steel Index
Logistics and Transport of North American Steel
- Anton Posner, President and Chief Executive Officer, CWT Commodities USA LLC
- Patrick Gallagher, Chief Executive Officer, PGT Trucking
This year, you also have the option of registering for the post-conference workshop, Price Risk Management in Steel: Executive Level.
You can register separately for Steel Markets North America or the workshop, or attend both events and save with a discount package.
The Platts workshop, Price Risk Management in Steel: Executive Level, will take you beyond the fundamentals of price risk management. You will develop a better understanding of the opportunities in the financial market, in order to hedge and manage your risk exposure for raw materials and steel. The Executive Level workshop will feature discussion and assessments of the motivations for a price risk management strategy, how to implement the strategy, how to structure your organization for it, specific hedging scenarios for mills, distributors and manufacturers as well as hedge accounting certification and legal/financial requirements.
The Platts 13th Annual Steel Markets North America Conference program is now complete. Sign up today to receive the brochure.